This is a beautiful bright green smoothie if you don’t add the cocoa powder. I do love a Choco-Mint flavor, though.
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy or nut milk, unsweetened (no flavors or additives)
- 2-4 BIG handfuls of washed and torn greens (i.e. chard, spinach, kale, or romaine, etc.)
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted (more or less to taste, for sweetness–take a taste)
Add and blend in:
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, broken in half
- 1/8th tsp peppermint extract
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder (this will change the “bright green” color)
- 1 or 2 cups ice, to make it colder and thicker (your preference)
- Process from 1-10 on dial, quickly, then on “HIGH” until smooth. Use tamper to push ice into blades. Process until there is a vortex, and the center pulls down in the VM container.
- Put into 2-glasses and serve.
- The ice makes this Peppermint Patty smoothie colder and thicker.
- This is a great way to get a fruit and greens and nuts or seeds (try chia, hemp or flax seeds; grind them in the VM first).